Saturday, August 13, 2011

Is this a possible median for these scores?

I was viewing the website of a law school I may be interested in attending in the near future. The site listed the entering cl profiles for the 2008 school year. The LSAT score range was listed. Out of a possible 180, 153 was the 25th percentile, and 159 was the 75th percentile. Yet, another publication sent to me from the school listed 160 as the median score for the 2008 incoming cl. Perhaps it's been awhile since I've done basic math, but isn't the median equivalent to the 50th percentile? Therefore, how could the median be 160 and the 75th percentile be 159? It worries me that one of the following must be true: 1) I can't perform basic math, or 2) there is a typo in the information published by the law school itself. Please give me your input.

No comments:

Post a Comment